subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Why is svn not saving my password in Pi-OS?
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2020 02:17:04 GMT
Bo Berglund wrote on Tue, 29 Dec 2020 19:00 +0100:
> But for item 2 I drew a blank...
> The Collabnet keyring_tool does not exist on my system:
> $ which keyring_tool
> (no output)
>
> So the instruction to "Create a keyring for your password."
> by the operations below cannot be executed:
>
> keyring_tool --create=svn
> or
> keyring_tool --setdef=svn
>
> And apt is no help either:
>
> $ sudo apt install keyring_tool
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package keyring_tool

Note that «sudo apt install svn» would fail too, even though svn(1)
_is_ likely packaged in your distro.

To find a package that contains a file of a given name, there's
apt-file(1) from the eponymous package.  (But there's no guarantee that
the collabnet thing is packaged in the repositories your apt(8) uses…)