subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn diff -c does not accept HEAD
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2020 20:50:22 GMT
On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 1:47 PM Yasuhito FUTATSUKI <futatuki@yf.bsdclub.org>
wrote:

> As the error message says, '-c' option accepts only numeric revision.
> It seems it is a kind of bug that the help text is not kind enough.

A possible rationale is that the HEAD revision could change without your
knowledge (e.g., another user commits something in the meantime) and you
wouldn't get the revision you were expecting.

When I want to see the diff of the most recent revision I use 'svn log -l 1
--diff'. (Note, though, that will be from the BASE revision, not HEAD.)

Hope that helps,
Nathan