subversion-users mailing list archives

From tatyana irzun <t_ir...@wargaming.net>
Subject repository mirroring
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2021 21:45:04 GMT
Hello,

Can you advise me the better way what to do.

We have some subversion repo (for example builds) for mostly binaries data. And the read-only
mirror this repository in different location. The mirror was created by svnsync tool. And
everything is fine until network problems happen. And then svnsync try to replicate a huge
commit and literally stuck. As I understand svnsync do something like : svnadmin dump --incremental
from sourse ; copy to destination by some protocol; svnadmin load.

For example we stuck to revision r62031 , i made dump by hands and get 43G  file (svnadmin
dump -r62031 --incremental /data/svn/builds >>r62031 ).

But if i look at this file on disk i see less size , i suppose it because of  enable-rep-sharing:

$ ls -lah /data/svn/builds/db/revs/62/

svnuser svnuser 1.3G 62031

It is substantially less that svnadmin dump gives me. And many revisions looks like that dump
revision is GBytes size but on disk revision file is only MBytes. So, the question is how
can i improve my synchronization time until network become faster. Can i manually sync (rsync,
scp or other) folders revs and revprops to get consistent data on mirror server? or svnsync
and svnadmin tools the only way to correctly mirror a Subversion repository.

Thank you.

[wargaming.net]
EgzO3mXGcK

This e-mail may contain CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION and/or PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
COMMUNICATION intended solely for the recipient and, therefore, may not be retransmitted to
any party outside of the recipient's organization without the prior written consent of the
sender. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately by
telephone or reply e-mail and destroy the original message without making a copy. Wargaming.net
accepts no liability for any losses or damages resulting from infected e-mail transmissions
and viruses in e-mail attachment. kgzO3mXGcg