subversion-users mailing list archives

From John Abraham <j...@theabrahams.ca>
Subject What is happening with a long merge with internet reliability
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2021 20:20:22 GMT
I have some internet reliability issues on some clients which seems to cause a big problem
with 'svn merge’.  'Svn checkout' seems to be ok, it will either fail (and can be manually
restarted) or it will continue.  But 'svn merge’ often just sits there, with no internet
traffic, no disk access, no CPU usage. My hypothesis is that this happens after it had some
problem connecting to the server, and rather than retrying consistently, or giving up and
throwing an error message, it just sits there bored for maybe 45 minutes not knowing what
to do.

What would be a good way to test my theory? Does anyone have another theory?

It’s a pretty big repo, 26GB, biggest file is 3GB, but the internet traffic monitor today
showed it stalling out after only ~10MB of traffic came down…

Thanks,

—
John Abraham
john@theabrahams.ca