Den tors 10 juni 2021 kl 02:23 skrev Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name>:
Daniel Sahlberg wrote on Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 08:18:04 +0200:
> Hi,
>
> We are using VisualSVN server (basically Apache 2.4.48 and Subversion
> 1.14.1 on Windows) on https://svn.companyname.tld, listening on port 443.
> Currently this is on a separate server. I need to consolidate the servers
> and would like to move Subversion to another server already running IIS
> (serving multiple sites on both port 80 and 443).
>
> My thinking is that IIS should listen for the new hostname, do SSL
> offloading and forward the traffic to 127.0.0.1:[some new port for Apache].
> I would like to avoid publishing the new port for Apache, since that would
> mean to relocate all existing working copies.
>
> Does anyone have experience in using IIS as reverse proxy in front of
> Apache?

Not what you asked, but running the test suite under a reverse proxy
configuration might be informative.

Thanks! I will try to find some time to look at it.

Thinking of it, I guess the question could be generalized as: Is it possible to run Subversion behind /any/ kind of reverse proxy?

Kind regards,
Daniel