synapse-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject MediatorFinder interface
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:54:17 GMT
In the code Paul put up he has a MediatorFinder interface:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/synapse/trunk/scratch/paul/org/apache/synapse/MediatorFinder.java?view=markup

I like this, and I have similar MediatorFactory in the prototyping i'm
doing. Its useful when creating Mediators which require more information
than just the name, eg, XSLT or E4X scripts. You can delegate to a mediator
specific factory to create the mediator instance based on context
information. But, you could probably do the same type of thing in the init
lifecycle method of a Mediator (what is the signature of that by the way?).

What do peope think, is it worth formalizing an interface for this along the
lines of:

interface MediatorFactory
Mediator createMediator(MediatorDescription md);
}

...ant