tajo-dev mailing list archives

From camelia c <camelie_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [GSoc2013] - Outer Join
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:43:14 GMT
Hello,

Thank You very much for Your reply and the reference book.
I managed to follow the steps and created a github account with a mirror of Apache TAJO at
https://github.com/camelia-c/incubator-tajo .
I uploaded a diagram at https://sites.google.com/site/gsoc2013tajo34/github

In the diagram, the outerjoin_1 branch is intended for development whereas the master branch
is for stable code. For the moment I didn't include any of my code on outer join yet because
I want to firstly set up correctly the repository.

Still, I am not completely sure of the following aspects:

1) I mention that immediately after the git clone command, I issued the following commands:

$ git remote add --track master upstream git://github.com/apache/incubator-tajo.git

$ git fetch upstream
From git://github.com/apache/incubator-tajo
 * [new branch]      master     -> upstream/master

$ git rebase upstream/master
Current branch master is up to date.

But I am not sure of whether  they are enough to perform automatic synchronization....or
should I still perform manual synchronization periodically?

2) After this setup, is it still necessary to run periodically the command You suggested last
time (git pull origin master)?
In this configuration, the command      $git pull origin master
is going to synchronize the local repository on my computer with  git://github.com/apache/incubator-tajo.git
or with  git://github.com/camelia-c/incubator-tajo.git?

3) If I run this command from the outerjoin_1 branch ,i.e.

git checkout outerjoin_1
git pull origin master

is it going to affect only the outerjoin_1 branch?

4) And the last question, regarding execution:  now the interactive shell is launched with
$TAJO_HOME/bin/tsql  instead of $TAJO_HOME/bin/tajo cli ?

Thank You very much!

Yours sincerely,
Camelia