tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From 9902468 <ville.virta...@greenstreet.fi>
Subject Re: A plan for 5.3 / 5.4
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:21:09 GMT

One thing Tapestry is missing currently is a really nice component library -
like PrimeFaces for JSF 2. We just moved to JSF2 and PrimeFaces and
generally it is doing what we expect it to do. However, the JSF 2 stuff is
surprisingly buggy (Mojarra) and hard to use, not to mention how hard it is
to modify the output that components produce. And don't get me started about
CDI injection. Really miss T5 or Spring..

The grass is not greener etc..

Anyhow, a component library, a really good one, would be what would make T5
the ultimate choice. We would be ready to pay for it also. (Think about ICE
faces licensing etc.) Few thousand euros per year would be totally
acceptable for a jquery ui or similar based library.

 - Ville