tez-dev mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: TEZ-1: DAG Application Master
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2013 03:35:22 GMT
I propose we merge them into trunk right-away - it's too early for Tez to do extensive branch-driven
development etc.

Thoughts?

thanks,
Arun

On Apr 18, 2013, at 5:05 PM, Hitesh Shah wrote:

> Hello
>
> A few of us at Hortonworks have been doing some initial work on a DAG ApplicationMaster.
We recently committed to the TEZ svn in the TEZ-1 branch
> ( http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/tez/branches/TEZ-1/ ).
>
> Going forwards, we will be working directly off this branch. There is a basic INSTALL.txt
to help folks get started in trying out the new DAG AM. For build instructions,
> please refer to Hadoop's build instructions ( http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/trunk/BUILDING.txt?view=log
) until we add a more refined one.

> Over the next few days, we plan to create JIRAs for pending bugs/open items in the DAG
AM. We hope that folks will start jumping in with contributions.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.