tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: TEZ-1: DAG Application Master
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 01:06:32 GMT
Hi Mike,

You can use git://git.apache.org/tez.git for a read-only mirror.  I have also filed an INFRA
ticket to move our project from svn to git.

( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6171 )

thanks
-- Hitesh

On Apr 18, 2013, at 5:49 PM, Mike Liddell wrote:

> Hitesh,
>
> Great stuff - I'll start digging in.
> Incidentally, will there be a git mirror of this branch?
>
> -mike.

We recently committed to the TEZ svn in the TEZ-1 branch ( http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/tez/branches/TEZ-1/
).

> Going forwards, we will be working directly off this branch. There is a basic INSTALL.txt
to help folks get started in trying out the new DAG AM. For build instructions, please refer
to Hadoop's build instructions ( http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/trunk/BUILDING.txt?view=log
) until we add a more refined one.

> Over the next few days, we plan to create JIRAs for pending bugs/open items in the DAG
AM. We hope that folks will start jumping in with contributions.