tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running Tez on Cluster
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:58:48 GMT
Siddharth Seth and Gunther H. have run quite a few tests on a 20 node cluster running both
basic mapreduce jobs like sort/wordcount as well as some hive queries. Are you asking if tez
works on a larger cluster? There were a few bugs observed and fixed as a result. You may likely
find more edge-case bugs but on the whole, the jobs ran successfully most of the time.

Tez code is compatible only with hadoop-2.1.0-beta/hadoop-trunk at the moment. There were
numerous changes in yarn post 2.0.4/2.0.5 to stabilize the apis hence we made the call to
aim for 2.1.0-beta compatibility. The aim is to stick to hadoop-2.1.0-beta after it is released.

-- Hitesh