tez-dev mailing list archives

From Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Tez 0.4.0-incubating release
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 08:28:17 GMT
There's been quite a bit of development and testing since the last release.
AM and DAG Recovery (TEZ-15) is one big feature that has gone in.  In
addition, there's been a lot of bug fixes, stability and performance
improvements to the run-time, fixes for running on secure clusters, etc.

I'd like to make a release so that these changes are available via a
released version, rather than consumers having to use a development branch.
I'm planning on spinning a release candidate sometime tomorrow or the
day-after to this end. (Apologies for the late mail)

This can be followed by incremental releases (likely in the 0.4.x line)
within the next couple of weeks with additional fixes.

Thoughts ?

Thanks
- Sid