tez-dev mailing list archives

From Chen He <airb...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about how TezConfiguration
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 22:57:09 GMT
Dear Tez developers:

I met a problem when I was working on TezLocalRunner. I need to know how
user's configuration is passed to the YarnTezDagChild so that it can load
it using:
TezUtils.addUserSpecifiedTezConfiguration(conf);

Here is my understanding:

1) Users create their TezConfiguration and the TezClientUtils will write it
to staging directory;
2) DAGAppMaster's main method load TezConfiguration using
TezUtils.addUserSpecifiedTezConfiguration(conf);
3) when the YarnTezDagChild starts to run, its main method also call
TezUtils.addUserSpecifiedTezConfiguration(conf);

I met a problem that I always get "null" whenever I call the
TezUtils.addUserSpecifiedTezConfiguration(conf) in the TezClient.

Any reply will be appreciated!

Regards!

Chen