tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AMConfiguration Necessity
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 23:15:31 GMT
Hello Chen,

If you are referring to org.apache.tez.client. AMConfiguration, it is not really a Configuration
object. If you look more into it, it effectively governs the construction of the AM's container
as well as how the application is submitted to YARN i.e. queue info for YARN
and local resources, env, credentials, etc for the application submission context.

I agree that we have a few conf objects in there which need to be sorted out but I am not
sure how you would take the above information and put it into TezConfiguration without going
through a bunch of serializations/base85 encodes, etc.

thanks
-- Hitesh