tez-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject RE: Question about how TezConfiguration
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:26:03 GMT
Can we see if we can avoid creating TezLocalRunner that extends TezClient?
We already have TezSession and TezClient and there is an open jira to
unify them. Having a third client side launcher is probably not aligned
with making things easier for the users.

Bikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Chen He [mailto:airbots@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:20 PM
To: dev@tez.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question about how TezConfiguration

Hi Sid

Thank you for the reply. Actually, I think it related to Tez-710 and
Tez-717. I created TezLocalRunner which extends TezClient. The
TezLocalRunner need to start DAGAppMaster which is in charge of
maintaining Tez DAG and let LocalContainerLauncher run tasks in a single
node.(Tez-710).

Here is the error when LocalContainerLauncher launches task:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: tez-conf.pb (No such file or directory)
    at
org.apache.tez.common.TezUtils.addUserSpecifiedTezConfiguration(TezUtils.j
ava:58)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnTezDagChild.runTask(YarnTezDagChild.java:296)
    at
org.apache.tez.dag.app.launcher.LocalContainerLauncher$1.run(LocalContaine
rLauncher.java:263)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:
1145)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java
:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

I did some research and found out that the tez-conf.pb was successfully
written to the Tez staging directory. But the YarnTezDagChild can not get
the value of "TezConfiguration.TEZ_PB_BINARY_CONF_NAME" (get "null")

Any suggestion? Thank you in advance!

Regards!

Chen

--