tez-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject 0.5 incubating release
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 18:49:24 GMT
Hi,

Given the growing interest in users trying to write Tez jobs, it may make
sense to expedite a 0.5 release as soon as possible in order to have a
stable vehicle by which we can release the Ease of Use work being tracked
by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-690. This will enable users to
start writing their code from a much cleaner base. While API’s and helpers
will keep evolving, the 0.5 release is trying to target user feedback about
the most painful parts of writing code against the API’s.

On this note, let us all take some time and examine the sub-tasks of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-690. Please add any items that
are currently missing. Please mark critical usability jiras with target
version 0.5 so that we can focus on them before the release. Please also
help out by picking up the critical jiras and providing patches.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Bikas

--