tez-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.5 incubating release
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 21:21:35 GMT
+1 to get the usability changes to users quickly.

I would also like to get the YARN timeline server integration and staging directory cleanup
as part of the 0.5.0 release and will update jiras accordingly ( assuming no one has any concerns
). The timeline server change will move the  hadoop dependency to 2.4.0 - is that a concern
for anyone? However, there will still remain a capability to compile against hadoop-2.2 (
but the default will change to 2.4 ) .

We should also look at making this release with convenience binary artifacts. This will require
some work to get the NOTICE and LICENSE files for the binary tar ball correctly setup.

— Hitesh