tez-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Eagles <jeag...@gmail.com>
Subject Rolling out ATS only for tez
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 05:59:04 GMT
Has any one had experience rolling out ATS only for tez execution framework?

As it stands, there exists only a single yarn config that enables or
disables YarnClient attempting to create a timeline client. If this is
turned on in yarn-site.xml, this will enable timeline client for both tez
and mapreduce jobs. If I instead set this yarn config in tez-site.xml, this
may cause problems. As I understand, it is not guaranteed that that value
from tez-site be used since the yarn-default can stomp if the configs are
read in the wrong order. This is inconvenient since it is the users code
that determines the order.

That leaves me currently needing to maintain to sets of yarn-site files,
one for tez and one for mapreduce. There surely can be something better
than this. Or perhaps I understand the problem incorrectly

Ideally, I would like a tez config that could enable or disable timeline
client in the YarnClient. Thoughts?

Jon