tez-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Creating a branch for TEZ-8
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 21:58:44 GMT
Sounds like a plan. Would be good to keep updating the branch from master
for anyone who wants to try the UI while they are developing features off
the latest code.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hitesh Shah [mailto:hitesh@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 11:42 AM
To: dev@tez.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Creating a branch for TEZ-8

Hello folks,

Jonathan along with Chang Li have been working on the UI as part of TEZ-8.
Given that there is a lot of work involved in building out the UI and
after having discussed this with Jonathan offline, we thought it might be
a good idea to create a branch to help get more folks involved in this
area.

Depending on the folks interested in working on the UI, we could try and
see if we can give some contributors commit access to this branch. Please
note that this is likely not possible with a git repo but would likely
just be based on an honor system where in the contributor/branch committer
will not commit patches to any other branch.

Comments/questions/suggestions?

thanks
- Hitesh

--