tez-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Looking ahead to 0.6
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 00:03:38 GMT
Folks,

The TEZ-8 branch is progressing nicely on the UI front. Since it a highly
requested feature it would make sense to rally the next release (0.6)
around this feature and other tooling developments. To that end we could
try to make a 0.6 release soon after TEZ-8 gets merged into trunk. This
will provide users with a proper Tez release to play around with the UI. We
can then iterate on the UI in 0.6 train of releases based on user feedback.

In order to focus on the 0.6 release, we should probably stop further work
on the 0.5 release. 0.5 was the API stability release with a lot of code
change and we have worked through the ensuing bugs and missing artifacts
via 0.5.1 and 0.5.2. I propose that we wrap up any remaining jiras for
0.5.3 and merge them to branch-0.5 soon. Then do a 0.5.3 release and move
on to 0.6.

If the above sounds good, the folks should mark jiras for 0.5.3 where
applicable. Also, if any changes from master should go to branch-0.5 then
please merge them. Conversely, if anything has made its way to branch-0.5
and should not be there then please revert that change.

Thoughts

Bikas

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE