tez-dev mailing list archives

From Rohini Palaniswamy <rohini.adi...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding custom information to DAG view
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 18:57:37 GMT
Hi,
    Currently the pig job on DAG view looks like this -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12708262/Graph2.png -
which only makes sense to pig developers and probably few advanced users.
We wanted to also show custom data (aliases and features) on the pop-up
that appears when we hover over each vertex in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-4429. We are looking at adding
alias and features in the custom data.

I was under the impression that vertex has a description field and setting
it will show in the UI. But realized it does not have one. Is there an
existing way to do this or need to create a new jira?

For eg:
A = LOAD 'data';
B = GROUP A by $0;
C = FOREACH B generate group, COUNT(B);
STORE B into 'out';

will have two vertices and Vertex 1 will need to show "Aliases : A" and
Vertex 2 - "Aliases: B, C Features: GROUPBY".  Note that for bigger pig
scripts the aliases could run into multiple lines and the UI popup will
also have to wrap the text and resize accordingly.

Regards,
Rohini