tez-dev mailing list archives

From Bikas Saha <bi...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Releases - 0.8/0.9
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 02:58:29 GMT
+1.

On release schedule, we could consider getting onto a time based release schedule - e.g. a
release every 4 months so there is a regular cadence of bug fix releases at least.

Should we remove any deprecations since 0.7 in 0.9 given a couple of releases have passed?

Bikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Siddharth Seth [mailto:sseth@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2017 1:37 PM
To: dev@tez.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Releases - 0.8/0.9

There hasn't been any release for some time.

0.8 - I'd like to create a new release in the next 2 weeks. There's quite a few bug fixes.
TEZ-3244 would be a good candidate to get in so that there's a consumable build.

0.9 - Already has changes for Fair custom data routing, Cartesian product, quite a few UI
enhancements. Two big items under development are the Parallel edge between vertices and the
Tez shuffle handler. Would like to get thoughts on a release schedule for 0.9.
We could create a beta with the 2 pending items missing, and a non-beta once the remaining
2 features go in (or by time).
Alternately, create a non-beta release around mid-end March - with whichever features are
available.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Sid