thrift-user mailing list archives

From Yordan Pavlov <y.d.pav...@gmail.com>
Subject question about using one transport in both directions
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:31:23 GMT
Hello,
the intuitive way of offering a service seems to be to create a
server. For instance TNonblockingServer takes port number in its
constructor. What I want to achieve is establish a tcp connection and
use it for services offered by both parties in the communication. What
I have is a plugin based architecture, I want the main application to
open a listener and allow connections (some sort of authentication
should also take place). The main application should then offer some
service at this listener as well as being able to use services offered
by the other side when they connect to the the main application.

What seems to be the "good practice" to do this inThrift. I hope I
have managed to illustrate my question, if need is I will clarify
further. Thanks for your time!