thrift-user mailing list archives

From Kyku <kwrza...@gmail.com>
Subject Number of connected clients with TThreadPoolServer.
Date Sat, 06 Jun 2009 15:09:16 GMT
Hello, I'm trying to write a simple server with Thrift. At the beginning it
looked promising, but I've stumbled into a problem with a number of clients
connected at the same time. I'm using TThreadPoolServer, which allows 4
client to connect and then blocks other clients until I kill one from the
connected. What can I do to allow more (possibly several hundreds) clients
to be connected at the same time, without increasing the number of threads.
I assumed that the worker threads allow to perform one client request at a
time, but it looks like one thread handles one connection until it is
closed. I'd like to avoid a situation when my clients has to reopen a socket
to perform an action.