thrift-user mailing list archives

From Chris White <chr_wh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Thrift Integration into Rails
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 21:03:01 GMT

--- On Fri, 6/26/09, David Balatero <dbalatero@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: David Balatero <dbalatero@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Thrift Integration into Rails
> To: thrift-user@incubator.apache.org, chr_white@yahoo.com
> Date: Friday, June 26, 2009, 4:27 PM
> Can you separate out the Thrift stuff
> into another file, and maybe write a
> unit test or two to make sure that it works outside of
> Rack/Rails?
>
> - david

David,

Thanks so much for your reply. It got me thinking that I had done the tutorial, but there
was no serialization of a Thrift struct in that.

In the end, it appears to be little more than brain damage on my part. I assumed that Thrift
would somehow magically know how to serialize the AR class coming out of my DB. Obviously
I've been thrown by the loss of Michael Jackson! ;)

Thanks again, and sorry for the idiocy. Have a nice weekend!

Chris