thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Lawson (mshindo)" <mich...@sphinix.com>
Subject SSL php support and mainstream c++
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2010 06:22:18 GMT
Hi All,
I am using thrift on a couple of projects, and have struck the need to
encrypt communications on one of them. Before moving to thrift management of
this particular application was performed via a built in https server,
however this was not ideal for several obvious reasons. So we have moved to
php for management and use thrift to communicate with the c++ daemon.

Some of this information being sent is sensitive, and we need to be able to
validate a remote peer. I have looked through Jira and seen that a C++ ssl
patch was written, but am wondering if there is any plans with regards to
making this mainstream along with developing ssl clients in other languages?

This requirement is relatively important to my product, so if it helps speed
up this process, I am more than happy to lend development time to this
fantastic project.

Regards,

--
Michael Lawson