thrift-user mailing list archives

From Raghava Mutharaju <m.vijayaragh...@gmail.com>
Subject Thrift installation error: Boost libraries cannot be detected
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:27:29 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to Thrift. I am trying to install Thrift. I downloaded Boost and in
the Boost doc it says that no need to build it. So I didn't build it. I want
to install Thrift under my user account, so I have given --prefix and
--exec-prefix options to configure. I have setup $BOOST_HOME (it is in my
home directory). When I run configure with the above options, I get a Boost
libraries not detected error. The following is the error. I am building
Thrift on Suse 64bit machine. How can I resolve this error?

checking for boostlib >= 1.33.1... configure: error: We could not detect the
boost libraries (version 1.33 or higher). If you have a staged boost library
(still not installed) please specify $BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do
not give a PATH to --with-boost option.  If you are sure you have boost
installed, then check your version number looking in <boost/version.hpp>.
See http://randspringer.de/boost for more documentation.

Thank you.

Regards,
Raghava.