thrift-user mailing list archives

From Raghava Mutharaju <m.vijayaragh...@gmail.com>
Subject linker error after change in thrift file
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2010 07:58:53 GMT
Hi all,

This might not be entirely a thrift related question but it happened when I
made a change in the thrift file. Before making the change, everything was
working fine. I made a change to the thrift file and regenerated cpp & java
classes. After this change, I started getting linker errors in cpp. Here is
the error

Undefined symbols:

"com::XXXX::thrift::employee::SavingsInfo::operator<(com::XXXX::thrift::employee::SavingsInfo
const&) const", referenced from:

std::less<com::XXXX::thrift::employee::SavingsInfo>::operator()(com::XXXX::thrift::employee::SavingsInfo
const&, com::XXXX::thrift::employee::SavingsInfo const&) constin
employee_types.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ThriftCPPSamples] Error 1

I added SavingsInfo type to thrift file, this is the change. I give all the
options mentioned in the doc to g++. I gave -I/usr/local/include/thrift,
-I/path-to-boost, -L/path-to-boost-lib, -lthrift. But after the change I
started getting the above linker error. I couldn't understand the reason for
this. The error points to something that was generated by thrift. What could
be the reason for the error?

Thank you.

Regards,
Raghava.