thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey DeCew <Jeff...@DeCew.org>
Subject Re: Oneway/async call guarantee
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:48:57 GMT
Jms uses a socket, but it sends an ack to the client that the message was
sent, and that's that's guaruntees that if delivery fails, an exception is
thrown.
Requesting and waiting for a response message is a lot trickier, but there
are a few different patterns for using JMS in RPC situations.  I use a
heartbeat pattern which allows a client to timeout if there's no service
handling messages.

Now that there's a fully async client in Java, I may figure out how to take
advantage of that.

--
Jeff DeCew