thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Surbhi Bhasin" <surbhi.bha...@komli.com>
Subject RE: Closing Non Blocking socket in Async Thrift Client
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 04:46:22 GMT
I tried this option also, but even this is not working. Giving:
apr_socket_recv: Connection reset by peer (104)

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Duxbury [mailto:bryan@rapleaf.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:12 PM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Re: Closing Non Blocking socket in Async Thrift Client

You're not supposed to close your sockets after every request. You
should reuse them. Reusing them will have a significantly positive
effect on performance.

If you really want to close after every request, then it's up to you to
implement a scheme that allows the onComplete method to close the
associated transport.