thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Margozzi" <Mike.Margo...@quantum.com>
Subject Windows generated Java code will not compile
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 23:44:47 GMT
I am using the executable for windows downloaded here:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/thrift/0.6.1/thrift-0.6.1.exe

My co-worker downloaded and built the 0.6.1 version for Linux.

When we each compile the same IDL we get different java source
generated.
The Windows generated java will not compile, the Linux generated java
will.

Attached is the diff on one of the generated source files. I have also
included
the IDL for the DuplicateName Exception. I am getting this error when
compiling the
windows generated source code.

    [javac] Compiling 14 source files to C:\idl\gen-java\classes
    [javac]
C:\idl\gen-java\com\quantum\dxi\thrift\DuplicateName.java:28:
              com.quantum.dxi.thrift.DuplicateName is not abstract and
does not override abstract method clear() in org.apache.thrift.TBase
    [javac] public class DuplicateName extends Exception implements
TBase<DuplicateName, DuplicateName._Fields>, java.io.Serializable,
Cloneable {
    [javac]        ^

_____________________________

Mike Margozzi | Principal Engineer| Quantum Corporation | Office:
408-944-6536| mike.margozzi@quantum.com
<mailto:mike.margozzi@quantum.com>

Preserving the World's Most Important Data. Yours.(tm)

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying,
or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege
is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic
communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through
anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable
data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete
transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.