thrift-user mailing list archives

From Dan Kuebrich <dan.kuebr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does thrift support asynchronous in c++?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:03:53 GMT
The generated cpp code for your interface will split up each method into
send_methodName() and recv_methodName().  So, normally you'd use:

myServiceClientInstance->myMethod(...);

but you could also do

myServiceClientInstance->send_myMethod(...);
// other things
ret = myServiceClientInstance->recv_myMethod();

I've used this strategy to send a number of requests in parallel and then
grab the results later.  However, recv_* will still block.

Anyone know if there's a better way to do this?