thrift-user mailing list archives

From Steve Knott <st...@ttonk.com>
Subject Re: Java Client Connections
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:55:40 GMT
That is what I would expect.

The server is running on port 8014. I am seeing the client open a local
socket in the 40k range, which I expect.
The firewall is only on for incoming connection. It block everything
that isn't 8014.

I see a packet being thrown out. It has a destination of the client
w/the 40k port with a source port of 8014 of the server machine.  Does
that seem right? I would thing the source port would be some virtual
port number the server passed it off to.  I was thinking that maybe the
firewall thinks this is a new connection and is filtering.... but I am
still investigating.

Thanks,
Steve