thrift-user mailing list archives

From Nevo Hed <nhed+thrift...@aereo.com>
Subject Re: Thrift TBufferedTransport total message length
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 18:49:31 GMT
Hi Prabhakar

I wrote a pcap-based capture-decode that is very simplistic with the main
caveats that
 A) Only handles TFramedTransport  (thats the only one we use, as we use
TNonblockingServer)
 B) Does *not* reassemble messages from TCP packets, so the messages need
to be small

I intended to clean it up and release one of these days ... as I did not
implement TBufferedTransport, I can't really help, but what I find curious
about your question is that you state that you use TDebugProtocol,
but TDebugProtocol needs to be template-instantiated with a known type ...
so how do you make it work for an arbitrary type seen on the wire?   (my
program produce TDebugProtocol-LIKE output)

Thanks!
  -Nevo