thrift-user mailing list archives

From Tushar Sudake <etusha...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue unicode data over thrift
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 07:50:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm performing some performance experiments with Thrift based Server and
Client.
The server is written in Java, while Client is written in C++.

What server does is returns "Sting Bytes" wrapped in Java's "ByetBuffer"
object.

This works fine with non-unicode data. But when  data contains unicode
Strings, client Receives OR Reads (I'm not sure which one is it) corrupted
unicode data (like '?').

So my question is is there any specific way needed to handle unicode data
with Thrift?

I'm very new to Thrift and can't provide much technical details. (I haven't
written both client, server :) )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tushar Sudake