thrift-user mailing list archives

From Mark Slee <ms...@fb.com>
Subject Re: Java Client Connections
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:28:07 GMT
No, there should not be. The client should only have one socket, which is
the one you explicitly pass to it via Tsocket.

This will probably end up getting assigned a local virtual port number,
which is not necessarily the same as the port number you're trying to
connect to on the server. (i.e. all my outbound HTTP requests on port 80
on various hosts do not come back to port 80 locally, each local socket
has its own)

What is the firewall issue? You should just need to allow outbound TCP
connections from the client on whatever remote port you're attempting to
connect to.