thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Geyer" <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Standard In/Out
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:24:08 GMT
Hi Juan,

> I think it may very well be possible to have a TTransport and
> TServerTransport done over Standard In/Out.

What particular language are you talking about? There's existing support for
anonymous pipes as well as an TFDTransport for a few languages.

> This would be used when creating child processes.

The pipe samples do exactly that. The server starts a client process and
they communicate via anon pipes. Since the creating process controls the
std-Handles of the created process (at least with Windows), this should be
possible.

> The implementations would need to be created in all the various languages.

You are welcome to use the existing code, learn, ask and contribute an
implementation in your favourite language. :-)

http://thrift.apache.org/docs/HowToContribute

HTH,
JensG

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----