thrift-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Geyer" <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: TFramedTransport sending empty buffer
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 16:19:14 GMT
Hi Benedikt,

in my opinion it seems best to open a JIRA ticket and adding a SSCCE* to it,
so it doesn't get lost and someone can take care about it. Just in case you
already have a patch proposal at hand, we of course appreciate that too.

Regards,
JensG

* see http://sscce.org

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
From: Benedikt, Neuenfeldt (NED)
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:56 AM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Re: TFramedTransport sending empty buffer

Hi Jens,

thank you for your prompt reply.
The cassandra version is 1.2.11 and on the client side I'm using Hector
with Thrift 0.7.0.
The error only seems to occur when a read timeout on the client side
occurs though.
I have tracked it to the following steps:

1) Read timeout occurs in native code
2) Hector closes the connection
3) Before the Thrift closes the connection, it flushes and sends a 0
byte frame

The easiest way to replicate it is to set the client read timeout to a
very low number (e.g. 100ms)

With best regards,

Ben