Hello, I’m playing around with thrift and http on a custom server implementation, while I got some manual stuff already running against the default client, i.e. generated stuff by the thrift command:

Java (on Scala) Client:

def main(args: Array[String]): Unit = {
    val binaryProtocol = new TBinaryProtocol(new THttpClient(„URL"))
    val service = new ExampleService.Client(binaryProtocol)
    val example = new Example(1, „test")
    service.sendNotification(example)
}

and CSharp Client:

class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            var uri = new Uri("");
            var service = new ExampleService.Client(new TBinaryProtocol(new THttpClient(uri)));
            var example = new Example(1, „test");
            service.sendNotification(notification);

            notificationService.Dispose();
        }
    }

while the first will work even on chunked transfer encoding, the later will fail sometimes with a TimeoutException, is this the current behavior or is Chunked Transfer over HTTP just not supported?

Exception (german, don’t know how I could get an english message), however if I specify the content-length header it will never fail:
Unbehandelte Ausnahme: Thrift.Transport.TTransportException: Couldn't connect t
 server: System.Net.WebException: Timeout für den Vorgang wurde überschritten.
   bei System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   bei Thrift.Transport.THttpClient.SendRequest()
   bei Thrift.Transport.THttpClient.SendRequest()
   bei Thrift.Transport.THttpClient.Flush()

Beste Grüße / Best Regards
Christian Schmitt