thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject AW: Turning off Context parameter generation in Go for 0.11.0
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:12:08 GMT
That could work.what about adding the switch and providing a PR? Either way, please file a
JIRA ticket. Someone will take care, sooner or later.

Sent from mobile device, please ignore spelling mistakes.
________________________________
Von: Renan DelValle
Gesendet: 11.01.2018 20:04
An: user@thrift.apache.org
Betreff: Turning off Context parameter generation in Go for 0.11.0

Hi,

I noticed that the Go generator for 0.11.0 automatically generates a
context parameter for each function it generates.

I was wondering if there was an option to turn this off as I don't
currently see much of a need for passing down context in my own use-case
and it causes a lot of breakage in my code base.

I looked through the code and only found it is turned off when the Go
version is less than 1.7.0 so that left me wondering if there's an option
to do so in the form of an argument.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Renan