thrift-user mailing list archives

From Brian Forbis <bfor...@athenahealth.com>
Subject SeqID warning using nodeJS server in thrift v11
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2018 23:47:43 GMT
Hi all,

I’m looking into upgrading to thrift v11 using a perl client and a nodeJS server. While
testing the upgrade, I started getting a bunch of warnings of this nature from my server:

“"thrift: [WARN] No seqid to unset"

Digging into this, it seems like there is some code in javascript binary protocols writeMessageEnd
function:

if (this._seqid) {
        this._seqid = null;
    } else {
        log.warning('No seqid to unset');
    }

I suppose this warning will always be triggered as long as the seqID being used is falsey,
and perl seems to always send a seqid of 0. I think this code should be checking that seqID
is not “null” instead.

It also seems like the only reason these warnings were not showing up in thrift v10 is because
the logger class was not actually implemented yet, so all the logs were being swallowed (so
thanks to whoever did that).

So, to anyone who knows a bit more about seqid, is it safe to make a change to this warning
so that it won’t warn if the seqID is set to 0?

Thanks,
Brian