thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Fw: Donating documentation / samples for pure serialization & deserialization in NET Core and C_glib
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2018 13:03:17 GMT
Hi Petr,

that is just awesome!

Would you mind to file a JIRA ticket and add some more details, e.g. where
we can look at the content? I'd like to see how it fits into the existing
stuff, if it fits into Tutorials or if there is a better way to integrate
and present it. Plus I would like to have some more eyeballs looking onto
it.

PS: I believe this should be discussed on the dev list. Please remove
user@thrift.apache.org when answering.

Have fun,
JensG

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
From: Petr Houska
Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:52 AM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Donating documentation / samples for pure serialization &
deserialization in NET Core and C_glib

Hi,
trying to use Thrift for serialization/deserialization only on NETCore and
C_glib I found that there's little documentation / samples available.
During the process of learning how to do that I created two modest samples
(each in its respective platform) that I think might be beneficial
to other people & could be added to  https://thrift.apache.org/tutorial/ .

I'll happily clean them up a bit more (add comments, move both of them to
serialize/deserialize the same message, ...) if there's any change
they might get used but wanted to ask first so that the work doesn't go in
vain.

Petr Houska
Azure Intern