thrift-user mailing list archives

From "James E. King III" <jk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: THRIFT-3769
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2019 13:26:59 GMT
Releases of Thrift are very expensive (time-wise), so we only do them
twice a year.  The next one should start soon for 0.13.0.

- Jim

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 7:37 AM Jeff Nelson <jtnelson1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ahh, my mistake – I was actually looking for the changes in THRIFT-4805, which have
not been released yet.

> Is it possible to back port this to a 0.12.1?
> On Jul 18, 2019, 7:19 AM -0400, James E. King III <jking@apache.org>, wrote:
> > It appears in the 0.12.0 tag to me, here's the commit and the tag it
> > first appeared in is listed near the top:
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/thrift/commit/33fb1a3f0da71ba79e3156f7d0c169e7480fcf26#diff-c6a81da7e9ec5ce3c040a3386a790b69
> >
> > - Jim
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 5:33 PM Jeff Nelson <jtnelson1@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The changelog says that THRIFT-3769 was shipped with 0.12.0 but the jar on
maven central and the state of the code at the 0.12.0 tag doesn’t have the relevant changes
(https://github.com/apache/thrift/blob/v0.12.0/lib/java/src/org/apache/thrift/server/TThreadPoolServer.java)

> > > Is this a mistake? If so, is there a plan to ship an 0.12.1 that adds this
change?