thrift-user mailing list archives

From Mario Emmenlauer <ma...@emmenlauer.de>
Subject Errors when using browser.js (browserify)
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2019 09:49:43 GMT

I've tried to use thrift/lib/nodejs/lib/thrift/browser.js to create
a browser client with buffered transport and binary protocol. With
browserify I can package browser.js, but I do not understand how it
is supposed to work with the generated files, and the client.

Should the thrift-compiler-generated files be js or nodejs for this?
Do they also need to be browserify-ed? And should the client be
instantiated in js syntax or nodejs syntax in the browser html?

Currently I just get errors "Thrift undefined" when using the
browserify-ed browser.js in the browser.

All the best,

    Mario Emmenlauer