tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tika on the Fast Feather Track
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 06:45:59 GMT
Hi,

On undefined, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>  In ApacheCon US I made a Fast Feather Track presentation on Tika, and
>  I'd like to do the same again in ApacheCon EU next week.

My proposal (see below) was accepted and is initially scheduled for
Wednesday afternoon.

Title:
   MIME Magic with Apache Tika

Abstract:
   Apache Tika is the modern version of the Unix file(1) and strings(1)
   commands; a toolkit that can extract the MIME type, full text content,
   and various metadata from unidentified octet streams. An alternative
   to dealing with multiple incompatible parsers APIs, Tika provides a
   simple and unified interface to handling a number of file formats and
   MIME content types. This presentation is an entry-level introduction to
   the (currently incubating) Apache Tika toolkit.

BR,

Jukka Zitting