tika-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Tika parsers 1.14-SNAPSHOT parses empty content depending to Apache POI 3.15
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 15:29:55 GMT
On Wed, 12 Oct 2016, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> while upgrading the system where I've been working on, I updated Apache POI
> to version 3.15, then Tika (currently tika-parsers-1.7, I am
> testing tika-parsers-1.14-SNAPSHOT)

You can't just upgrade one jar. You need to use all of the POI jars
together from the same version, all of their required dependencies, and
the matching Tika jars for that POI version. Oh, and the other Tika
dependencies for the other parsers!

For testing, you could just get the Tika App jar, pop that on your
classpath in place of all the Tika + Tika dependency jars, then test. To
upgrade fully, you should either use a dependency management system like
Maven or Gradle, or the OSGi bundle with an OSGi framework

Nick