From "Steve Barrett" <st...@eurovis.demon.co.uk>
Subject RE: WELCOME to taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 07:31:35 GMT
Apparently Tomcat 3.1 beta doesn't yet support jar files too well. You are
supposed to be able to drop a jar file into

	 {TOMCAT_HOME}/{application directory}/WEB-INF/lib

and it will automatically find it including any TLD held in META-INF.
It doesn't so you would have to amend your classpath to point to it.

The easiest way forward is to extract the class files from the jar into

	{TOMCAT_HOME}/{application directory}/WEB-INF/classes directory

Then place the extracted TLD file into

	{TOMCAT_HOME}/{application directory}/META-INF

You then need the taglib uri to either point the exact location of this TLD
file or alternatively have a mapping in your

	{TOMCAT_HOME}/{application directory}/WEB-INF/web.xml

file, which points your URI to the TLD location as in...

<taglib>
  <taglib-uri>
    http://jsptags.com/tags/navigation/pager
  </taglib-uri>