From "Fred R." <frahman...@sourcetechcorp.com>
Subject error using taglib
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:54:18 GMT
I'm trying to use a taglib library that I've developed and I keep
getting the follwoing error. The interesting thing is that if the
web.xml has only the taglib tags I get no error and everything works
fine. Any idea what could be wrong? I've been fighting this problem
almost all day. Obviously the error message is not the indicator of the
actual error here. I love tomcat, but in this case I wish it would give
a more descriptive error.

TIA.
Fred R.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary /xxxtags :
Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: Element "web-app" does not
allow "init-param" here.
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEventListener.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingListener.java:116)

        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java, Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1034)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:149)

        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:161)

        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)

        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)