From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: error using taglib
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 20:12:21 GMT
"Fred R." wrote:

> I'm trying to use a taglib library that I've developed and I keep
> getting the follwoing error. The interesting thing is that if the
> web.xml has only the taglib tags I get no error and everything works
> fine. Any idea what could be wrong? I've been fighting this problem
> almost all day. Obviously the error message is not the indicator of the
> actual error here. I love tomcat, but in this case I wish it would give
> a more descriptive error.
>
> TIA.
> Fred R.
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary /xxxtags :
> Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: Element "web-app" does not
> allow "init-param" here.
> [...]

This means that you have an <init-param> element somewhere in the web.xml
where it's not valid according to the DTD. The order of the elements is
significant and defined by the DTD. Look at the DTD, either online (the
URL is in the web.xml file) or in the Servlet 2.2 specification to see
how the elements must be ordered.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com