From Anthony Ikeda <anthony.ik...@proxima-tech.com>
Subject RE: error using taglib
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:10:36 GMT
I have a similar problem except it happens inside the TLD document. The
error that returns is with the <urn> and <bodycontent> tags.

Have these been made obsolete or deprecated? I have used the same syntax as
have been used in numerous examples but still it won't work unless I remove
these tags. Functionality doesn't seem to be affected but should they affect
it in any way?

Here is my code:
<taglib>
	<tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
	<jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
	<shortname>testtags</shortname>
      <urn></urn>
	<info>
		Tag library to improve client configurability
		of the centauri product.
	</info>

	<tag>
		<name>sample</name>
		<tagclass>testTags.tags.taglib1</tagclass>
		<info>Very basic first test run of a tag for
centauri.</info>
		<bodycontent>EMPTY</bodycontent>
	</tag>
	<tag>
		<name>documentHead</name>
		<tagclass>testTags.tags.taglib2</tagclass>
            <info>parameter based version of a custom tag</info>
		<bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent>
		<attribute>
			<name>type</name>
			<required>false</required>
		</attribute>
		<attribute>
			<name>logo</name>
			<required>false</required>
		</attribute>
	</tag>

</taglib>

The error I get is (if I remove the urn tag I get the same error with the
bodycontent tag):
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary taglib1.tld :
Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: Element "taglib" does not allow
"urn" here.
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEve
ntListener.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingList
ener.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1034)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
onnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

Cheers,
Anthony Ikeda
Proxima Technology